Friday, March 12, 2010

I'm an Idiot (revised title)

Remember my recent post about Alice? And remember how I said that I KNOW that doing things like reading my scriptures, prayer, and going to the temple give me strength? Yep, it's true. I said those things.

But really how do I know? Because part of knowing is doing, right? And what am I doing??

Well it turns out that some of those I haven't quite gotten to. And one of those things I couldn't do, even if I wanted to...like today when I wanted to, you know in my quest to be better and be happier. That was when I just happened to double check if my temple recommend was current. Guess what? It's not. And hasn't been since um, well, like JUNE! It's no wonder I've fallen down the rabbit hole. I haven't been seeking peace or searching for answers in the one place that I could find it. I'm lost and have been for almost NINE MONTHS! Sheesh!

Ok, so there you have it. I have work to do. Actually a ginormous hole to climb out of. Hope you won't judge me.

In the meantime, I'll be strengthening mother-daughter bonds in the form of making s'more cookies with my girls. Spending quality time with them is a definite POSSIBILITY!

4 comments:

jacquelynne marie said...

Ummmmm, okay... Why did we not make the cookies yet?!

RAQ said...

bless you for all you are doing! It's all about heading in the right direction not how fast...you can do it! I have no doubts.

Cathy said...

those cookies are delish! how have we never come across them before?? and also, what is it with our new found obsession with s'mores?! love, kirsten.

Julie said...

no judgement here lady! I loved that Alice post and I loved this post. You are amazing and these posts were a good reminder for me! THANKS!