Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Let Freedom Ring!

A quick summary of the King's Independence Day...


A loooonnnnggg, but super fun day that began with this:

My first 10K...that is a whole 6.2 miles and I am proud to report that I ran the ENTIRE way...and believe me, you are not the only person wondering why one would get up at 5 AM to submit themselves to this! This is my friend Carli Oyler, fromTemecula, who now lives in Lehi, and her sister, Marni, visiting from California. With about a quarter of a mile to go, she ran the rest of the way with me (she had already finished!) and pushed me and cheered me on...that's a sign of a true friend...honestly, I don't know that I would do the same, as I just wanted to lie down and die at that point...she's the best! I was hoping to finish in under an hour, but it took me 1:04, oh well!

Then...

We watched the Freedom Festival Parade from the sidewalk in front of a business owned by one of Jacquelynne's friends. It was loud and fun, hot and then rainy. I don't know that we've actually ever gone to this parade, so it was fun to experience!


The kids went scrambling for the FREE Coke Zero...this is a perfect beverage for children at 9AM
Katie Eastman and me...Luckily for her, I was able to shower after the race!

Walking to the Freedom Festival on Center Street in Provo...

Free Activities

Art

Face Painting
The Stockade
And hey, come on over and pet our boa...don't worry, he doesn't bite...



And finally (about 17 hours later!) this:


Fireworks at Thanksgiving Point! Zoe and Kirsten were lucky enough to go to the Stadium of Fire and see the Jonas Brothers with the Brinkerhoff's. Both Emma and Jacquelynne opted to hang out with friends/boys. So it was just Jeff and I, along with Zach and Jaymison. We met up with the Huffman clan and enjoyed the music and show. It's a great tradition!

5 comments:

Emee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

FUN!!!! Maybe next year we'll stay for the parade and festival! My kids would love that!

The Buhrley Bunch said...

You guys were BUSY!!!!!! Holy Moly. It looks like you had a blast :)

Julianne said...

Fun Fun...EXCEPT for the snake! Tell Zach that Aunt Ju Ju says he needs to stay away from those things! UCK!

RAQ said...

I made a comment but little did I know I was logged in as Emily! So now I am back! You are so great to run!!! What a great friend too. Looks like you had a great day. Taran was bummed about missing the fireworks but he literally had his toe up all weekend!