Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wickedly Wonderful!

For the last several years, Emma has been dying to see the musical Wicked. I got to see it last year in LA and ever since then, I knew that I had to find a way for her to see it. I've had big dreams of sweeping her away to New York, where she could see it on Broadway, or flying to some city where the touring company was. And then came the announcement that Wicked was coming to Salt Lake City! We were so excited and we anxiously awaited the day that tickets went on sale. The frenzy over tickets was all over the news here, people camped out all night in the bitter cold. Both Jeff and I tried to call. And then my dreams of getting reasonably priced seats were dashed when it sold out in record time. I had kind of given up on it, until I realized that Emma's 16th birthday was coming up. I knew how much she would love it! So I scoured ksl.com classifieds every day, looking for tickets that weren't marked up double or triple. And finally I came across 2 tickets that were right in the middle, only 12 rows back, and the person was just trying to sell them for face value! A quick parking lot exchange and now all we had to do was wait...3 long weeks!

I couldn't wait to surprise Emma. Finally the day came and on the way there, she put a little puzzle together that revealed where we were going. On the verge of being late, I think that I broke several laws, including speeding and running a red light...not a good example to my teenage daughter about to get her license! But I knew that they wouldn't let us in, if we weren't there in time. We got there just in time and we had the best seats ever! As the opening music began, I was so excited for Emma! You could see each of the character's faces....we were right there!!!

The actors were great! It was the best Elphaba that I've heard and Fiyero was super cute! We couldn't have asked for a better experience!!!

After the show, Emma got a t-shirt and as we were walking to our car, I realized that some of the actors were coming out an alley next to the theatre. She was able to get a few pictures, so that was super fun, too!

























0 comments: