Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Beyonce and S'mores

Beyonce and S'mores you say? Those are two things most rational people wouldn't normally include in a single sentence, right? But just ask Jeff...he'll be the first to tell you that I'm not always rational!

Okay, so back to Beyonce and S'mores. I can't get these two things out of my mind. Well, the song "All the Single Ladies", to be exact. I think that someone is secretly playing it while I sleep. I keep waking up with this song stuck in my head. Frustrating and catchy, all at the same time. I'm guessing that same person is describing the melty, deliciousness of s'mores as the music streams into my subconsciousness. It's the only rational conclusion I can come to. It could happen. Or maybe this frigid Arctic weather we are having is forcing me into warm dreams of summertime campfires.

Who knows?

So I had to laugh out loud when, while perusing some my favorite blogs, I came upon posts about these two extremely unrelated subjects.

On my blog route, I always check in with NieNie and her sister, Cjane. Imagine my surprise to find this funny post (when is she not funny?) about her attempts to learn the choreography to Beyonce's "All the Single Ladies". You can link to the video there, as well.

Then another surprise. At Bakerella a post about s'mores! S'more cupcakes to be exact. I know there are millions of cupcake recipes out there, but these, on this day??? How can this be?

Don't you think someone is trying to tell me something? You do? Okay, then tell me when I'm sleeping...apparently that is the best way for me to listen!

Until then, you might just find me learning Beyonce's moves while the S'more cupcakes are baking. Both very rational!

3 comments:

Julie said...

That is too funny! Ask Katie to help you learn the dance and ask me to come eat the S'more cupcakes!!!!!

Julianne said...

Ha ha! That is funny! I think you better get makin' those smore cupcakes!

RAQ said...

lol! Amazing coincidences!