Saturday, November 29, 2008

Hey everyone!
It's Jacquelynne and apparently I get a turn to write on the family blog. I'm not really sure what to write so here we go...
Just about everyone knows that I'm going to Cosmetology school. I started in June and I'm just about to the halfway mark [1000 hours down, 1000 more to go]. Don't get me wrong though, I LOVE it! I can't think of anything else I would rather be doing. I could go on for hours about it...

In addition to hair school, I go to early morning seminary Monday through Thursday, then I have a first period at my high school. This makes for about 12 hours of school everyday. I know, it's long.

Well, a few weeks ago I decided I should get a job in all my spare time. I can handle it, right? Lucky for me a brand new Smith's Marketplace [think SuperTarget] got built down the street and that's where I spend what time I have left in the day. It's INSANE! I usually work from about 6 to 12 most nights plus Saturdays and Sundays. It's basically a zoo there. But on the bright side, people are starting to get over its brand new-ness and things are slowing down.
I just tell myself everyday to count my blessings. It kinda works. Try it. =]

Along with work and school, it's time for college applications. Yay. Last week, I applied to BYU-I and the "regular one" [Provo]. My cousin, McKenna, was the inspiration on that choice. If we both get into BYU-I, we could be roomies. =] Go us. Today, I applied to the University of Utah. Talk about the Holy War. Pray I get into the U and get a scholarship. It would be my dream come true.
The U had a tour thing a few weeks ago where you could go up there and go around the campus and see the doorms, ya know. I went up there with my mom and my boyfriend, Richard. He's a cutie. =] Anyway... The doorms are like 752 miles away from everything else and it took forever to get up there. After seeing the dorm, we ditched for lunch because all that walking made us hungry I guess. This picture looks really really bad. It's from a phone. Look at it, and then pretend you didn't... This was the bridge that linked the dorms and everything else. Depite the distance, I still want to go there. You have to get exercise somehow.
Okay so I guess that's the main points of my life these days. It's pretty much the same routine everyday. I really have no idea what's going on with the rest of everyone in my family which is sad. And I miss them. But maybe they'll post soon and I'll be able to read about it! ;]
Peace!

2 comments:

Julianne said...

Great update Jacque! It was fun hearing what you have been into. Now about that boyfriend- are you old enough for a boyfriend?!? Just Kidding! You are growing up WAY to fast!

Unknown said...

Miss you Jackie!